Compatible with iOS 8, 9 and 10.
Also available, Fast Freeze.
Dissident finally brings true application background management back to your device.
Dissident features five background modes which you can assign either globally or to individual applications:
- Off (Disables backgrounding)
- Fast Freeze (Instantly suspend apps in memory)
- Native (Apple's way)
- Unlimited native (Infinite background tasks)
- Foreground (iOS behaves as if the app was running in front)
Some other features are:
- Prevent termination (Prevents iOS from closing apps)
- Force automatic launch (Launch apps on respring/reboot)
- Force automatic relaunch (Relaunch apps when they close)
- Icon badges to see which app is running, and in which mode
- Statusbar icons to display the background mode of the currently openen app
- Activator actions to toggle baackgrounding modes on the fly
If you don't use Activator or libstatusbar, no problem. Dissident doesn't depend on these two tweaks, but if installed, you can use their features.
Dissident adds a settings app to the homescreen.
Follow @biscoditch on Twitter for updates and stuff.